Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Swingset - Project of the day!

See our yard? Pretty and pretty small, too. But I was REALLY wanting a swingset. Our old neighbors across the street were in a bad predicament. They were losing their house. They told me I could have the swingset before it went up for auction, so I had my hopes up. Really high.
Well, oops! They had the day wrong, so we had like 1 evening notice to get the sucker. Luckily it was my birthday, so how could my honey say no? I wish I had a picture of my neighbor Jim, our friend Kevin, Ryan and we three wives with that HUGE structure on two furniture dollies, wheeling across the street. In the dark. And we parked it on the side of the house because it wouldn't fit through the pool gate.

Taking it apart and putting it back together was no picnic! I was tired of being snapped at, so I went and got out friend Jim, again. He is quite handy. Ryan is handy, but let's be realistic. He is a banker. His hands are lilly white and smooth. There are no callouses there. (sorry honey!)


A few hours later (with the promise of a thank you dinner) here is our finished product! It does take up the majority of our lawn, but the kids are LOVING it. That is what our yard is for. The kids! I am a little nervous that Alexa will never stop swinging, though. I will have to make time for lots of outdoor projects!



4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, that is ginormous! But awesome! Make sure not to be too loud out there--or the crazy Italian men might come knocking on your door-LOL!

Lytles said...

Looks great! What a lot of work but worth it in the end!

Meredith said...

Your grass may be small bot you do have a pool too, right? What happened to the airplane teeter-totter thing? We love our swingset too - similar, not as nice, and not as free. Kate just discovered it and now that our yard is covered in steer manure, it will be a few weeks before she can get back in the saddle again.

Meredith said...

Steer manure- the cheaper version of topper (which is mostly steer manure) when overseeding with winter rye.