Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Big News!

If knowing too much information about my personal birthing stuff is too much for you, don't read this!

But, I have big news! No, I didn't have the baby yet. It's not THAT big. I was feeling really sick on Sunday. Headaches, nausea,dizzy, etc. This carried on to Monday, so I called the Dr. You might not think that is enough to call on, but last Wed. I had gained 6 lbs in 1 week! That's more than I have gained in an entire month! I was SOOOOOO swollen with water retention. So, I was supposed to watch for signs of pre-eclampsia, etc.

Anyway, I went in to get my blood pressure checked and it was higher than usual, so they did a full check. Here is the BIG NEWS. I was dilated to a 2!!!! With both of my other kids, at 41 weeks, I was still at a 0. Whoo hoo.

I'm feeling great now, and everything is fine, but I am excited to see if I can actually go into labor on my own this time. And not be so LATE! (Brandon was almost 10 lbs by the time he finally came out!!!)

Cross your fingers!!!!

4 comments:

JACK's house said...

Wow!! could be soon. :)

Hoopes Home said...

We are praying for you to dialate, dialate, dialate... yippee she will be here soon!!! let me help you call me.

Meredith & Steve said...

Well, of course you are going to beat me silly! Though, when loading the dishwasher I could SWEAR I was dilating like 3cm! They don't even start checking me until next week.

Good luck and hope you are ready! I am not ready - good thing I have a few weeks.

cousincassidy1996 said...

That is great news!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!! Give us a call when you have the baby!!