Friday, August 13, 2010

Vacation Post from Oceanside Harbor

Oceanside Harbor is one of my favorite beaches. Maybe because there are bathrooms and showers. Maybe because there are life guards. But most likely because I am totally comfortable there. I know it well and went there nearly every day.




Tis is where we spent our entire Monday. It was totally overcast and freezing cold, but we had a blast.


It is always a BIG DEAL if Brandon goes in the water. He can be a chicken, but notice the toes are wet! We were all quite amazed!

He had no idea he grew this beard.


This cutie got cold really fast!


Ainsley spent the whole time boogie boarding. I don't know how she could stand it. And as a side note: We went to Costco that morning and picked up the boogie board.
Ainsley:What's this leash for?
Ryan: You attach it to your ankle so you don't lose the board.
ANKLE! hmmm. He obviously grew up in Utah. I set them straight.


4 comments:

shayla said...

Too bad I didn't run into you at Oceanside Harbor-- we were there and at Surfrider like 3 times in the last couple weeks! You are in my neck of the woods, ya know:) Glad you had such a great time... gotta love how nice and cool it's been here this summer!

JACK's house said...

Ok...I'm from Utah too....where DO you put it?

TamaraLove said...

It looks like you guys had SUCH a blast!! (: The water has been pretty cold this year, your kids are tough! I am totally busting up about the ankle/wrist thing for the leash. Maybe Ryan is just a 'surfer' at heart.

Lytles said...

Looks like fun! We will be going to California next week. I wish we were there the same time. Bummer!