Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!!


I think I am REALLY happy to say good bye to 2008, with hopes of a better 2009.

We had a fun party last night with a couple of neighbors over. Who wants to drive with a bunch of drunk maniacs on the road?

The boys played MarioKart almost all night. The girls messed around in Ainsley's room. We had LOTS of good food. See the seance-loing picture? That's actually the kids playing dreidle with skittles. A definite hit, Mona! Maybe next year we should have a hannuka party?

We adults played lots of games, including What were you Thinking, MadGab and Cranium. We also played Settlers of Catan which inspired us to have a monthly game night. It's been so long! We used to play games all the time before we had kids!

And New Years came at New York time. Then again at midnight. Ainsley did not want anything to do with the noise makers. She was all about her ear-piercing shrieks. I can still feel the trembling on my ear drums. The neighbors must have imagined someone was being tortured.

Anyway, we had a great time!

Now on to the New Year dieting. I think if I document that, I will feel more motivated (or embarassed!) I will post on Saturday my progress for the week (without the specific starting point.) Give me some encouragement, okay?

8 comments:

Kelli said...

Good luck Whitney!

brittanyc said...

That's a great idea about monitoring your progress for all to see. I'm like you, I need some sort of incentive or something. I wish you luck and perhaps I will copy your idea!
Britt

Lytles said...

It looks like you had a great New Years! Good times! Great pictures!

Casey said...

Happy New Year!!!!!

Amy said...

Sounds like a fun night! Good luck to you--I need to get serious about this weight loss thing too. Mike's bribing me with a trip to Cancun... Have Ryan do the same!

TamaraLove said...

Whitney - YOU CAN DO IT!!! (: Yah, now if I can stop making cookies, maybe I could get into shape.. (can't seem to turn off the cookie-making switch in my head)... Shame. Todd actually forbid me for making cookies, while I was in nursing school. I have been better lately though. I have been making the family fresh fruit for dessert and then making cookies. Hee Hee hee....

US said...

Fun Party! You guys are so cute! And your baby is still the cutest stinkin thing. My baby loves her.

shayla said...

Whit--Matt grew up in Laguna Beach, so I don't think it's the same guy. But it's a small world in the church!
I agree with the stay at home thing on New Years..except we stayed at someone else's home while ours was being destroyed by 20 kids. Looks like yours was filled with fun memories!