Monday, December 08, 2008

Ward Christmas Party



Our ward party was on Saturday and boy, was it fun! We had a terrific Luau, complete with plate lunch - kalua pork, macaroni salad and rice. Yum! Ryan and I took a few kids in the neighborhood with us. (Thus Ainsley's grump face due to three's a crowd syndrome.) We had my mom visiting for about a week and were glad she came to the party. I (Whitney) sang in a little group called Mary's and the Gentleman. The three of us sang some folksy songs like God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and Silent Night (the Mercy Me version.) It was really fun singing, even though some people have NO control over their children and let them run a muck during ward parties and performances. WHY??????



Alexa's first experience with Santa. I know he is very realistic. lol. She loved him anyway. My first of the 3!! There is no shot of Ains with him. She refused, due to the grumpy behavior mentioned above. Oh Drama!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I heard your solo was great! Who was Santa?

Meredith said...

A luau? Wowzie! How fun for a christmas party! Our act. comm chairperson made an announcement as they were to begin the singing/performing for all parents to stand up and if they had their children with them to sit down. No one could sit until all their children were accounted for and seated for the entertainment - it worked like a dream - I know because I had to work hard to find one of my children! LOL! Then they had the primary kids come and sit on the stage to sing and then they were ready for when Santa appeared.