Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Sweet Brandon


I thought I would throw in a couple of entries about each of my kids this week, for Mother's Day. I want them to know how much I love them.

I am going to start with Brandon, since he is in the middle and tends to be last at times. :) He just doesn't fight for first like his sis!

My Brandon is the sweetest kid. He is literally grateful when we do something nice for him, and never expects it. It makes me happy to do things for him! Amazing how that works!!!! Brandon loves band-aids, kisses and hugs, and singing to his baby sister. He wants (NEEDS!) to feel like everyone loves him. He is sensitive and feels genuinely bad when he is in trouble. For those of you raised on Homefront videos like I was, remember the one with the little boy eating cereal? His mom says he's a slow-poke and he starts to cry? That's my Brandon! He loves learning, especially about outer space, pirates, and under the sea. He loves dogs and stuffed animals and adamantly does NOT want to learn to ride a two-wheeler until he is 6!!!

Yesterday while we were walking to his friend Andrew's house, I was telling him that he loved to ride in the stoller when he was a baby. (Alexa was screaming.) He looked up at me so sincerely and said, "Thanks for telling me about myself as a baby, mom. I love to hear stories and just can't remember!" This made me feel so bad for not telling him more! We're going to have to break out the videos, as I can't remember much either!

Last night, Ainsley was reading out loud from her goosebumps book to me. He wanted to listen, and I didn't think about it scaring him. When he went to bed, he was saying his prayers and asked Heavenly Father to bless him to sleep even though he was scared to death from that "freaky story Ainsley read." Whoops! It was actually so sweet to hear him say that in his prayer.

I love Brandon so much and we are so blessed to have him in our family.

3 comments:

JACK's house said...

That was sweet Whitney--Yeah for brandon.

shayla said...

Brandon sounds a lot like....YOU! Although I don't think you're as sensitive as he is...but you are as sweet! You did a lot of good things to deserve the great kids you have!

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

he is a darling little thing! cute little guy.