Sunday, May 18, 2008

80's rock

Last week as a mother's day present, Ryan put together a CD mix of 80's songs for me. I love it. It's hilarious and I am singing everywhere I drive. Here are the songs on it. For those of you as old as I am, do you remember these?

We got the Beat/the GoGo's A View to a Kill/Duran Duran
Break My Stride/Matthew Wilder Your Love/the Outfield
You might Think/the Cars Hungry like a Wolf/Duran Duran
Jessie's Girl/Rick Springfield Always Something There to Remind Me/Naked Eyes
Open Arms/Journey Just Can't Get Enough/Depeche Mode
Our House/Madness Take on Me/A-Ha
Who Can it Be Now/Men at Work 99 Luftballons/Nena
Keep on Loving You/REO Speedwagon Drive/the Cars
It's a Miracle/Culture Club Magic/the Cars
Love My Way/Psychadelic Furs Sunglasses at Night/Corey Hart
Eternal Flame/the Bangles Don't Stand so Close to Me/the Police
Take it on the Run/REO Spedwagon Eye of the Tiger/Survivor
Livin on a Prayer/Bon Jovi The Metro/Berlin
Mexican Radio/Wall of Voodoo Cruel Summer/Bananarama
Every Breathe you Take/the Police Come on Eileen/Dexy's Midnight Runners
Every Rose has it's Thorn/Poison Don't You Forget about me/Simple Minds
The Reflex/Duran Duran Every Time you Go Away/Paul Young
You Spin me Round/Dead or Alive Missing You/John Waite
If you Leave/OMD Sister Christian/Night Ranger
More than Words/Extreme Rosanna/Toto

I have to say it about killed him to put More than Words on there because he HATES HATES HATES that song. But it reminds me of stake dances. So I love it. We forgot Rock Lobster, that would have been fun. Also, there's no U2 on there because I already have all their CD's in the car. And I purposely left off Michael Jackson. Can you all think of any good ones we left off?

3 comments:

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

that is so funny,Ryan hates that song. More than words is mine and and davids first song we danced to. haha

SCRAPPNMOM said...

Love it! No, I think you got them ALL! Oh, wait, I would have put more Madonna. I looked dancing and singing to Madonna.

Meredith said...

that is a fun little gift! Steve hates pop 80's music so he would love an all "hair bands" type mix. Blech.