Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day! I had to share the fact that Ryan actually had roses DELIVERED to me! (Not Costco!) This is the first time in over 10 years of marriage. Actually, I had some delivered when Brandon was born and when my dad died, but they weren't from him. They are very pretty and I was shocked!!! I am grateful for my valentine. He is the best and I love him so much.
On the love kick, I just finished the Stephenie Meyers series and (sorry to you fans out there!) HATED it. I guess it was a love/hate thing. I was absorbed in it, and felt it was pretty well written, but HATED the main character! I cannot stand the whole helpless female role. It was like she couldn't make her own choices, love just found her and there was nothing she could do about it. Do we not all choose to love who we love? (Before we disagree, remember Elder Oaks' remarks last week!!!) Anyway, I am NOT a helpless romantic. So now, I am bugged. Does anyone else feel this way or are you all fans?

4 comments:

Dusty said...

I agree on the whole love/hate thing with the SM series. I enjoyed book one,'Twilight' but ended up hating Bella and her helplessness~
ps My husband works with your at VCB

JACK's house said...

mixed.

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

Loved it but hate how bella is so needed, but i did get swept up in it

Meredith said...

I am just dipping into Twilight. I am too dang busy nesting to read! I will let you know...I am reading itunder duress though...