Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year



I thought I would give a little update on our Christmas. Although it's sad being away from extended family during the holidays, I have to admit it's rather nice not having to drive to 5 different houses all day long on Christmas.


Christmas eve we drove to our friends house in Buckeye, AZ. The Hoopes had a great dinner with all of Kary's family and it was really nice to be invited as a part of that. The kids had a great time, too. We enjoy having good friends out here who are like family to us. The funny thing is, we brought my dad's recipe for a cheese ball and rolls. Everyone kept commenting on what a great cook I was! Ha Ha HA! Most of you probably know I can't cook AT ALL! It was so funny. I guess there are 2 things I can actually make. So if any of you invite me over, make sure I am assigned one of those 2 things!
Santa made it very clear this year that he was paying for part of our cruise, so the kids received one present from Santa and one from us. It was a great idea. I think we may keep that tradition. Simplicity, you know? Our neighbors came over for Christmas dinner, and it was a very pleasant, calm day. Lots of cooking, but that's fun when it's a no stress day, right?
Well, Happy New Year to all of you. We wish you the very best. I hope we can all make our lives and all those around us, a little better this year with more love, kindness and patience. I'm sure going to try!

2 comments:

JACK's house said...

Happy New Year!!!!! Isn't simplicity nice. I've often wondered how it would be not to have to go anywhere on Christmas.

shayla said...

I think the cruise/vacation for Christmas is a great tradition! If only we could swing it with SOOO many kiddos. Now I know why we never went anywhere by air growing up!