Monday, October 18, 2010

Our Last Minute Trip to Utah

Last week we decided to take a trip to Utah to visit the family. We had the whole week off for Fall Break and we really miss having that non-existant-in-Arizona season. (Fall.) We stayed with Ryan's dad and his wife, Lori. They have a beautiful house and I was so excited to see this view from their front. It's been a really long time since I've seen trees change color. And the weather was so perfect. I could walk outside and breathe the cool air. Aaah. Heaven. We enjoyed our Sunday evening with Ryan's Dad, step mom, grandma, Aunt Leslie, Uncle Randy, Julee and a few of her kids.


(and again, I love the colors!)
Monday we met my little sis and headed to Mt. Timpanogas. It's always great to see her. We remembered to old days when our dad took us hiking up Timp.








I can remember getting to the top of the mountain as a child and my dad feeding us a snack and heading back down. I had no idea they did tours and you could actually ENTER the mtn.




So we did the tour. It was so interesting. Ainsley recently visited Kartchner Caverns with school, so she knew everything the ranger told us. It was fun to listen to her tell us about it. She has such a great memory.



That night we visited our friends from our first house in West Valley.
I can't believe these girls are so old!



Brandon got to eat under the table. Between that and the cute girls he was in heaven!
Tuesday we visited my friend Cassie and had a great time. (See the kids pics in the previous post.) Her kids are so nice, I kept thinking they were going to be tainted by my smart mouths.



Wednesday we visited all of Ryan's great grandparents. The Sims and the Phillips. My kids LOVE their Grandma Joy.




They are all smiles when we are there.


Look at that HUGE pumpkin Grandpa grew! The kids got to roam the pumpkin patch and pick tons of pumpkins and gourds to bring home. I love decorating the house with them.


(just a beautiful flower in their garden)



Children of the corn
Brandon was trying to look scared like he was lost in the corn field. :)


That night we met up with my brother Joe. (No pics???? What was I thinking!) He took us to the nickelcade. Holy Cow. The kids LOVED that!! Brandon's favorite part of the trip was spent at the Nickcade with Uncle Joe.



Megan, Ainsley, Emma, Malissa, Claire and Alexa
The girls decided to visit Gardner Village while the boys went fishing to Strawberry. I met Cassie and her girls there, along with Julee, Megan, the twins and Grandma Joy. Wow! It was almost as crowded as Disneyland.
We also got to visit with the Parkers. (Again, no pics????) It was fun to see how the kids just jumped right into their friendships when they were so young when we moved. Another great family we were so glad to visit.
We had a great trip and are so sad for school to start again tomorrow! :(
Thanks everyone for playing with us and letting us enjoy your beautiful weather with you!

















2 comments:

JACK's house said...

:) Looks fabulous

Lytles said...

We had so much fun with your family! Great memories!